Oreo Chunk Cookies meet Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies in this irresistible, out of this world new Cookie Recipe. Your holiday cookie platter will never be the same!
MINT OREO CHIP COOKIES
Mint and chocolate is such a classic, delicious flavor combination for Dessert Recipes. From cookies and cakes to brownies and ice cream, mint chocolate makes everything taste good, especially during the holidays. This over-the-top Mint Chocolate Oreo Chip Cookie recipe is so good (and easy!), you’ll be finding any excuse to bake them.
Mint Oreo Chip Cookies are just as easy as to make as your favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies, with a few fun mix-ins you probably have on hand. The best part is you can adjust them to exactly how you like them. Not a fan of so much minty flavor? Cut back on the mint extract. Can’t get enough mint? Swap in mint Oreos and mint chocolate chips!
This Mint Oreo Chip Pudding Cookie uses vanilla pudding mix and food coloring for bright, festive green cookies perfect for Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day. If you don’t use food coloring, the cookies will be light golden brown. Leave out the mint for a cookies and cream pudding cookie or use chocolate pudding mix to make fudgy, chocolate mint oreo cookies.
If you’ve never used instant pudding mix to make cookies, prepare to have your mind blown! Pudding mix makes your cookies incredibly soft, light, and chewy even after days at room temperature. You may never go back to making cookies any other way! Use this Mint Oreo Chip Cookie recipe as the base for other pudding mix cookie flavor combinations. The variations in this post will inspire your new pudding cookie creations!
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES:
Tips for Mint Oreo Chip Cookies
- Line a light metal baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with baking spray to make sure that the cookies don’t stick. If you have one, use a muffin top pan for picture-perfect round cookies.
- Don’t over-mix the cookie dough. Heat is generated as you stir so stirring too much will melt the butter and give you flat, dense cookies.
- To keep from over-mixing, bring all your ingredients to room temperature. The butter should be softened but not melted, soft to the touch without any liquid.
- For the ultimate chocolate chip cookie sundae, serve one or two warm Mint Oreo Chip Cookies with Vanilla Ice Cream. Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache (add mint flavor to the ganache!), top with Whipped Cream, and sprinkle with chopped Andes mints.
VARIATIONS ON MINT OREO CHIP COOKIES
- Cookies: Use other Oreo cookie flavors like Mint Oreos, Peppermint Oreos, or Golden Oreos. Other hard sandwich cookies would also work in this cookie dough, or try Thin Mints for an extra special mint cookie!
- Mix-Ins: Reduce the Oreos to 1/2 cup (or swap the chocolate chips) and add another mix-in like M&Ms, chopped nuts, peppermint candies, or toffee bits to the cookie dough.
- Chocolate Chips: Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks. For more mint chocolate flavor, use Andes mints, roughy chopped, mint baking chips, or peppermint crunch chips.
- Pudding Mix: Try other instant pudding mix flavors like chocolate fudge, Oreo pudding, white chocolate, or cheesecake. You can use sugar-free pudding mix, just make sure you use instant pudding mix.
- Sour Cream: Instead of sour cream, use plain yogurt or greek yogurt. You can also use 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature.
- Cake Mix: Substitute a box of white cake mix or fudge brownie mix for the dry ingredients in this Mint Oreo Chip Cookie recipe. No other adjustments are needed to use cake mix or brownie mix.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
HOW TO STORE MINT OREO CHIP COOKIES
- Serve: Mint Oreo Chip Cookies can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days. Keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry area.
- Store: Refrigerate Mint Oreo Chip Cookies in a paper towel lined airtight container with parchment paper between layers so they don’t stick. Serve at room temperature to bring back chewy, softness.
- Freeze: Bring Mint Oreo Chip Cookies to room temperature, place on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour. Transfer cookies to a sealed container or freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 6 months. Enjoy frozen or thawed!
Like this recipe? Save it to your Pinterest board now!
Mint Oreo Chip Cookies
- Yield: 36
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Mint Oreo Chip Cookies are the ultimate Christmas cookie! Melt-in-your-mouth soft mint chocolate chip cookies with chunks of Oreos in just 20 minutes!
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- 10 drops green food coloring , more if needed
- 16 Oreo cookies , crushed into chunks
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
To your stand mixer add butter and sugar and cream on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
Add in eggs and mint extract until well combined.
Sift flour, salt & baking soda into a medium bowl then add to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting.
Add in food coloring and mix until evenly colored.
Using a spatula fold in Oreos and chocolate chips.
Add 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough to baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12minutes, do not let cookie brown.
Yield: 36 , Amount per serving: 126 calories, Calories: 126g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 118mg, Potassium: 25mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 111g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 10g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.
Keyword: Mint Oreo Chip Cookies