Because these sweet treats are so easy, I’m almost embarrassed when people ask me for the recipe. They’re a snap to make with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, sugar, cinnamon and your favorite fruit preserves. —Ione Burham, Washington, Iowa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 teaspoons strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with 1 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving (preserves will be hot).
1 each: 178 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.