Tangy cranberries and sweet apples blend beautifully with tender biscuits on this pretty holiday dessert. Serve the fruity treats alone or with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Dip the top of each biscuit in butter, then in sugar mixture. Place sugar side up 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Add the apples, cranberries, 1/4 cup water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour about 1/3 cup sauce over each biscuit.
1 each: 349 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.